Albaron Ventures is an investment firm that combines deep fundamental analysis with risk management for public crypto-assets disrupting trillion-dollar markets. Since founding the firm in 2018, we’ve focused on building a quantamental approach to investing: algorithmic trading and risk management to assist our long-bias, fundamental, medium-long term analysis. We believe that risk management is key in a volatile market such as crypto.
We’ve built our team around the world, with a presence in San Francisco, Bucharest, and Paris.
Our team is composed of best-in-class talent in quantitative research, engineering, investing, and crypto fundamental analysis. Together, we have a deep understanding of crypto across multiple disciplines and have developed quantitative approaches to managing investments and risk. Our team members have worked in the past at:
- Large investment companies such as Goldman Sachs, Tomis Capital, Quantify, Welton Investment Partners, QML Alpha, Endeavor
- Fintech startups such as Motif Investing (acquired by Charles Schwab) and RealtyShares
- Search and infrastructure startups such as Clearwell Systems (acquired by Symantec) and Ravello Systems (acquired by Oracle)
- Crypto companies such as Horizen, BitPanda, HighTechBlock, LimeChain
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and education, including:
- 2 PhDs (Stanford, University of West Bohemia)
- M.S/B.S. degrees in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Financial Mathematics, and Law from University of Bucharest, University of Iasi, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Tilburg University, and Stanford